POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using texture to apply rough edges to an object : Using texture to apply rough edges to an object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Using texture to apply rough edges to an object
From: bc
Date: 7 Sep 2006 02:45:01
Message: <web.44ffbde6328d59aff79a0050@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone-

I'm working on my first povray scene and have run into a problem I can't
figure out and haven't found an answer for in my searches.  I made a map
object for the scene and would like to make the edges of the map look old
and ragged.  I am currently using three textures layered on the map and had
hoped to apply a fourth texture which would force a somewhat random
transparency around the edges of the map.  Here's a render of the scene I'm
working on:

http://www.eastex.net/billcline/files/startmap2.JPG

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.