POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using texture to apply rough edges to an object : Re: Using texture to apply rough edges to an object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using texture to apply rough edges to an object
From: bc
Date: 7 Sep 2006 13:05:00
Message: <web.45005068228d4c3bf79a0050@news.povray.org>
Thank you very much everybody!

The map is a bicubic patch with a bitmap image sandwiched betwen 2 pov-ray
textures.  A combination of editing the bitmap image, using a texture map,
and uv mapping is yielding some good results.  I was not aware of texture
maps, and the uv mapping is allowing me to curl the corners of the map like
I wanted.

Thanks a lot for the responses and encouragement!

-bc