POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unwanted effects in sphere_sweep Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Unwanted effects in sphere_sweep (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: RusHHouR
Subject: Unwanted effects in sphere_sweep
Date: 8 Mar 2006 11:50:01
Message: <web.440f0b01878377c947d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi good people of the POV community!

In my current project, of wich i yet say nothing further, I experience
weird "effects" or "artefacts" in my used sphere_sweep, when viewing it from
certain angles. I have no image, but maybe this is a known problem? Question
is, can these things be removed? I tried raising tolerance, but it's still
there. This is the code i use:

sphere_sweep {
  linear_spline

  16,
  < 0.24,  3.19, 0>, 0.027
  < 0.5,   3.20, 0>, 0.027
  < 0.75,  3.22, 0>, 0.027
  < 1.0,   3.24, 0>, 0.027
  < 1.25,  3.26, 0>, 0.027
  < 1.5,   3.30, 0>, 0.027
  < 1.75,  3.35, 0>, 0.027
  < 2.0,   3.45, 0>, 0.027
  < 2.25,  3.55, 0>, 0.027
  < 2.5,   3.65, 0>, 0.027
  < 2.75,  3.75, 0>, 0.027
  < 3.0,   3.82, 0>, 0.027
  < 3.25,  3.88, 0>, 0.027
  < 3.5,   3.92, 0>, 0.027
  < 3.75,  3.94, 0>, 0.027
  < 3.974, 3.95, 0>, 0.027
  tolerance 0.00001

texture {T_Brass_5E } texture {Rust scale 0.1   finish {ambient 0.001}   }
rotate <0,0,0> translate <0,0,0> }

Post a reply to this message

> In my current project, of wich i yet say nothing further, I experience
> weird "effects" or "artefacts" in my used sphere_sweep, when viewing it from
> certain angles. I have no image, but maybe this is a known problem? Question
> is, can these things be removed? I tried raising tolerance, but it's still
> there. This is the code i use:
>
> sphere_sweep {
>   linear_spline
>
>   16,
>   < 0.24,  3.19, 0>, 0.027
>   < 0.5,   3.20, 0>, 0.027
>   < 0.75,  3.22, 0>, 0.027
>   < 1.0,   3.24, 0>, 0.027
>   < 1.25,  3.26, 0>, 0.027
>   < 1.5,   3.30, 0>, 0.027
>   < 1.75,  3.35, 0>, 0.027
>   < 2.0,   3.45, 0>, 0.027
>   < 2.25,  3.55, 0>, 0.027
>   < 2.5,   3.65, 0>, 0.027
>   < 2.75,  3.75, 0>, 0.027
>   < 3.0,   3.82, 0>, 0.027
>   < 3.25,  3.88, 0>, 0.027
>   < 3.5,   3.92, 0>, 0.027
>   < 3.75,  3.94, 0>, 0.027
>   < 3.974, 3.95, 0>, 0.027
>   tolerance 0.00001
>
> texture {T_Brass_5E } texture {Rust scale 0.1   finish {ambient 0.001}   }
> rotate <0,0,0> translate <0,0,0> }

Hi.

What are your camera settings? With a camera looking at the middle point of
your spline, it is OK!

Post a reply to this message