POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Poser 5 (Message 31 to 40 of 43)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: Poser 5
Date: 13 Jan 2004 15:15:08
Message: <mak800hr3cgfg1qgqnc885n985esclhgk8@4ax.com>
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:03:24 -0600, "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Well, I'm not gonna be stuck with paying for clothes.

Goes against the grain for me too.
Try using CR2 Editor to change your clothes That and other useful Poser links
can be found at.
http://www.philc.net/links.htm

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Dan P
Date: 13 Jan 2004 19:14:51
Message: <400489fb@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in message
news:In1### [at] econymdemoncouk...
> Wasn't it Dan P who wrote:
> >
> >Argh. I'm hating the fact that there just aren't enough clothes available
in
> >the install.
>
> Including the contents disk, Poser 5 comes with over 200 items of
> clothing. (OK, many of them are specific to one character, so there's
> only about 50 items of clothing that fit any particular character
> without tweaking them yourself or using something like Tailor).
>
> That's not bad at the price, considering how much work goes into
> building clothes models from scratch.

Yeah, I'm still trying to master that. Not liking the Poser manual either.
When I finally figure this stuff out, I'm going to write my own tutorial to
set this thing straight.

> There's also an awful lot of free poser clothes out there. Some of it is
> quite reasonable, but it does tend to be mainly exotic and fantasy
> clothing.

Yep, but... well, the struggle... I like the struggle. :-)

> You can tweak any of the clothing items by changing the textures, using
> transparency maps to cut bits away, scaling parts of the clothing, using
> deformation maps, applying magnets, etc.

Sure, but does this work with specular highlights as well, or do those just
come out looking like clear plastic?

> The transparency map technique can be particularly useful. You can cut
> down any existing item of clothing. If the clothing item doesn't come
> with a template, then use UVMapper (free) to generate one. Paint a
> transparency map image black for the bits you want to cut away and white
> for the bits you want to keep.

Thanks for the ref to UVMapper! I'll get that one for sure.

Post a reply to this message