POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 : Re: Poser 5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 5
From: GreyBeard
Date: 15 Jan 2004 23:44:54
Message: <40076c46$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

> The thing about Poser is that you pretty much HAVE to start from their
> figure geometry in order to make these clothes reasonably close-fitting. I
> don't know what kind of leg they'd have to stand on based on the
limitations
> of their software. Most of the shirts and stuff is just a matter of
grabbing
> a polygon group and dropping it into a patch editor to alter a few points.

Check Renderosity, and take a look in the free stuff section.  Lot's
clothes, rings etc. for all of the poser models, even some pretty nifty
morphs of the standard figures.  Seems to be no problem making things to fit
the models, even to new faces for them, as long as they're compatible, but
not based an exact match for the original geometry.  (Or textures, or uvmap
or ad nauseum.)  Copyright squabbles are frequent. Gives me the impression
that pretty soon you won't be able to model your own face without someone
saying you stole it from them.  One exception, MayaDoll, probably one of the
best of the free models, and the designer says use it, modify it, do
anything you want with it.  Not much in the line of clothes for her, lots of
room to play for someone with more talent that I have.

Rich