POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures Server Time
2 May 2024 09:55:38 EDT (-0400)
  Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Soichi Fukasawa
Subject: Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures
Date: 19 Sep 1998 20:21:38
Message: <36043c82.0@news.povray.org>
Hi, Nice to meet you. I write to this newsgroup for the first time.
My question is as follows :

    I put a texture in which "transmit" was set for near 1.0 on a texture in
which "filter" was set for near 1.0 as layered textures, though,  the object
specified these textures got black.  But either only one texture or textures
which have same kind of keywords (e.g. Both are "transmit" or "filer") give
transparent image.
    I countered this problem, when I was going to put 2-D image (tga file
using "Alpha channel") on the Glass using "texture{ T_Glass3 }" by using of
"image_map".
    Please tell me why and how to solve or avoide this trouble.

Thanks.

Soichi Fukasawa
mailto : soi### [at] tkyemghpphyssu-tokyoacjp

Post a reply to this message