POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures : Re: Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures Server Time
19 May 2024 18:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures
From: Soichi Fukasawa
Date: 20 Sep 1998 09:01:04
Message: <3604ee80.0@news.povray.org>
Jerry Anning wrote in message <36049FCB.EB13CB93@dhol.com>...
>I think that you may have uncovered a bug.  The best workaround I can
>suggest for this particular situation is thus:
>
>object { Cube texture{ pigment{ White filter 1.0 transmit 1.0 } }
>              texture{ pigment{ White filter 1.0 } }

   Thank you very much, Mr. Anning.  I understand that it is a bug and how
to avoid it.
In short, when you make overlap of texture, both "filter" and "transmit"
must not be overlapped each other.  And it is modified adding the term
"filter" or "transmit"
    The beginning of my purpose is to get a correct image of transparent
parts in an image_map which is attached to a transparent object (using
"filter" like T_Glass ).  To achieve this purpose,  I take the way of using
"index color" ("palette") to set "filter" (This method admits only 256
colors,  though),  because it is impossible to use "filter" by means of
using "Alpha Cannel"

Thanks,

Soichi Fukasawa
mailto : soi### [at] tkyemghpphyssu-tokyoacjp