POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures : Re: Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures Server Time
17 May 2024 05:57:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overlap of "filter" and "transmit" on layered textures
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 20 Sep 1998 03:25:11
Message: <36049FCB.EB13CB93@dhol.com>
Soichi Fukasawa wrote:

>     The following source list is what is actually rendered by myself.
> Please tell me what's wrong.

> /* The problem part                                 */
> /*--------------------------------------------------*/
> object{ Cube texture{ pigment{ White transmit 1.0 } }
>              texture{ pigment{ White filter   1.0 } }

I think that you may have uncovered a bug.  The best workaround I can
suggest for this particular situation is thus:

object { Cube texture{ pigment{ White filter 1.0 transmit 1.0 } }
              texture{ pigment{ White filter 1.0 } }

if this will give the effect that you are after.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom