POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #for loop example? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  #for loop example? (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Re: #for loop example?
Date: 30 Aug 2013 10:55:58
Message: <5220b27e$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/30/2013 10:10 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:

>> yikes ... i don't think the syntax diagram could be /any/ clearer
>
> Well, that's the challenge with documenting anything or communicating via text.
> You'd be surprised by what can be misinterpreted or misunderstood.
>
> I myself am not always sure what makes something seem confusing at first, but
> then makes it 'click'.
>
> I think sometimes it might be easier on you to just write a large POV file with
> small illustrative examples of each directive, than to agonize over how best to
> describe their usage - especially considering the many languages POV users
> speak.
>
> A small example might be worth a page and a half of documentation.

holy mackerel you guys slay me!!!!

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Conditional_Directives#The_for_Directive

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 Aug 2013 12:05:15
Message: <5220c2bb$1@news.povray.org>
Le 30/08/2013 16:55, James Holsenback nous fit lire :

> holy mackerel you guys slay me!!!!

You can show them the text, you cannot force them to read it.

(I have the same issue at work with customers/coworkers and error
message: every details about how to solve the detected problem is in the
message ("set the damn environment variable FOO_BAR to the path of the
license file." (well, worded in marketing-speak, with PC everywhere),
yet they ask how to get past the complain. And it's the second line of
text, in red, in the opened console, and there is nothing after it....
Nah... "Yeah, it does not work, how do... "GRRRRR

James, You deserve a pat on the back.

Post a reply to this message