POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #for loop example? : Re: #for loop example? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #for loop example?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 2 Sep 2013 14:35:01
Message: <web.5224d9b72fe6256c39316050@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 30/08/2013 6:01 PM, MichaelJF wrote:
> > BTW: I don't think that anyone want's to slay you, James. What has a fish
> > (mackarel) to do with that?
>
> Have you ever eaten mackerel that has gone off?
>
> Seriously Michael, it is just a saying or the combination of two
> sayings. And it means that Jim is showing his age. "Palm smack" may be
> near the meaning.
> The off line docs have problems but the online one is kept up to date by
> Jim, very well.
>
> You are right about the different needs of the user base. People like me
> who cannot speak computer, need a primer in coding. Whilst to some, it
> is just a reference doc. You can't really have them both with a mid
> level user's needs, in the one document. I would say.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

I cannot remember to have ever eaten a mackerel at all. Clupea, atlantic cod,
plaice, eel, salmon and a very small part of a pike - the bigger part was
fetched from my plate by my late tomcat Arthur. I could not stop looking at him
feasting about it...

I guessed that Jim used "sayings" but expecially these are hard to translate. I
was happy to find a translation of his word "Yikes" at leo.org. Idioms or
sayings are not listed at Translation sites usually. leo becomes better and
better but not all can be found there.

And yes, I second that Jim does a wonderful job at the POV Wiki and earns a tap,
a medal and a hug for this,

Best regards,
Michael