POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #for loop example? : Re: #for loop example? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #for loop example?
From: MichaelJF
Date: 30 Aug 2013 13:05:01
Message: <web.5220cfd72fe6256c9a9e0ecc0@news.povray.org>
> > yikes ... i don't think the syntax diagram could be /any/ clearer
>
> Well, that's the challenge with documenting anything or communicating via text.
> You'd be surprised by what can be misinterpreted or misunderstood.
>
> I myself am not always sure what makes something seem confusing at first, but
> then makes it 'click'.
>
> I think sometimes it might be easier on you to just write a large POV file with
> small illustrative examples of each directive, than to agonize over how best to
> describe their usage - especially considering the many languages POV users
> speak.
>
> A small example might be worth a page and a half of documentation.

Yes, indeed, sometimes misunderstandings and misinterpretations between native
and nonnative speakers can yield a dispute here unwanted by both parts
completely. And there are other differences between the members of this still
wonderful community yielding different interpretations of  - or different
feelings to - the same word. E.g. the word "death" will yield other emotions to
a former  soldier, who risked his own life, than to a former male nurse, who had
to carry away the bodies of  some hundred adolescents died from leukaemia.

May be Posfan12 has overlooked the explanation of the for-loop (which is
possible if he uses Windows 8, the POV help workes not really good with Windows
8) or he has not much experience with computer sciences. Imagine that you have
never learned about a for-loop so far. That is hard to imagine, but possible.

BTW: I don't think that anyone want's to slay you, James. What has a fish
(mackarel) to do with that?

Best regards,
Michael