POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : filling a bottle with fluid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  filling a bottle with fluid (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: joe
Subject: filling a bottle with fluid
Date: 19 Aug 2012 22:55:00
Message: <web.5031a6586f2d14c8ad797add0@news.povray.org>
I've built a soda bottle with a bezier_spline lathe object.  It's clear glass,
hollow and has a wall thickness.  To fill the bottle with soda I am creating
another lathe object inside the bottle.  To prevent a coincident surface problem
should I scale the soda larger to push the soda into the bottle wall?  Any
better ways to fill a bottle with fluid?

Post a reply to this message

> I've built a soda bottle with a bezier_spline lathe object.  It's clear glass,
> hollow and has a wall thickness.  To fill the bottle with soda I am creating
> another lathe object inside the bottle.  To prevent a coincident surface problem
> should I scale the soda larger to push the soda into the bottle wall?  Any
> better ways to fill a bottle with fluid?

Here's what I usually do with such things. Make a lathe, subtract a slightly
smaller lathe to create a hollow object, then place a slightly smaller lathe
(just smaller than the difference) inside with appropriate media definitions. In
all, you should have 3 of the same lathes, just different sizes.

Post a reply to this message