POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : filling a bottle with fluid : Re: filling a bottle with fluid Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: filling a bottle with fluid
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 20 Aug 2012 02:37:45
Message: <5031db39$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/08/2012 04:52, joe a écrit :
> I've built a soda bottle with a bezier_spline lathe object.  It's clear glass,
> hollow and has a wall thickness.  To fill the bottle with soda I am creating
> another lathe object inside the bottle.  To prevent a coincident surface problem
> should I scale the soda larger to push the soda into the bottle wall?  Any
> better ways to fill a bottle with fluid?

Vicious: no wall thickness, not hollow (per english, hollow keyword is
allowed, even recommended, and setting interior also ) :
 # plain block of glass in which you put a block of liquid and finally
you use a difference with a third block to force some air and free
surface (difference on the union of the two previous block).

Shenanigan: the shape of air must not have more than one line in common
with the liquid. (i.e. 1D intersection in 3D is ok, but if it get some
area, you're doom again with coincident surface)

E.g: if the liquid is a cylinder, the air must NOT be a cylinder of same
diameter & axis. It can be a superellipsoid. (Bonus: the superellipsoid
allow to also have a meniscus, for concave meniscus (i.e. not for mercury))

Using lathe & sor is of course a fine solution too. (but no common part!)

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what?