POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray vs vray render quality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  povray vs vray render quality (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: povray vs vray render quality
Date: 14 Dec 2010 07:23:17
Message: <4d0761b5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.12.2010 11:37, schrieb scott:

> Fundamentally I don't think there is anything POV is lacking to prevent
> you creating very realistic scenes similar to other commercial renderers.

Blurred reflections can make a huge difference. Yes, you can achieve
those in POV-Ray, too, but the respective approaches are rather
non-elegant, and either comparatively costly regarding rendering time or
tend to yield grainy results.

Also maybe making specular highlights "fresnel-aware" might help make
things look more convincing.

Post a reply to this message

thank you clipka, I'll try to learn from all you said

Post a reply to this message

>> Fundamentally I don't think there is anything POV is lacking to prevent
>> you creating very realistic scenes similar to other commercial renderers.
>
> Blurred reflections can make a huge difference. Yes, you can achieve
> those in POV-Ray, too, but the respective approaches are rather
> non-elegant, and either comparatively costly regarding rendering time or
> tend to yield grainy results.
>
> Also maybe making specular highlights "fresnel-aware" might help make
> things look more convincing.

I vote for incorporating MCPov in the official POV :-)

Post a reply to this message