POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray vs vray render quality : Re: povray vs vray render quality Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray vs vray render quality
From: optima
Date: 15 Dec 2010 04:40:00
Message: <web.4d088b6bd9277fcc5ea5bd3c0@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

Hi,
I will try your suggestions (Alain), very valuable advice.
I use v3.6.1, is it worth to switch to 3.7 because it has  multiprocessor
support and may render upto 30-40% faster in multicore computers?

yes, I have problem with metals specially with rad on.
http://www.kitchendesigned.com/tmp/rad_hood.jpg

the code
pigment {color rgbf <200,200,200>/255}
finish {phong 1 ambient 0 reflection 0.5}}

Do you suggest that I use metal and glass inc instead of the rgb I use
currently?
And what about the effect of the said inc files with rad on and off?

> I agree with clipka analysis.
I agree with anything he says too :D

thank you very much
optima