POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: POV RAY 2D Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Q: POV RAY 2D (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: POV RAY 2D
Date: 10 Nov 2009 06:06:14
Message: <4af94926$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

> Lines and polylines. Remember that SVG primitives need a stroke and/or
> fill in order to be visible.

But if you need to give two end points and a stroke width, wouldn't
your "line" primitive in effect end up to be a cylinder? And a polyline
with a round stroke is essentially a sphere_sweep with linear_spline.

Post a reply to this message

On 11/10/2009 6:06 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>
>> Lines and polylines. Remember that SVG primitives need a stroke and/or
>> fill in order to be visible.
>
> But if you need to give two end points and a stroke width, wouldn't
> your "line" primitive in effect end up to be a cylinder? And a polyline
> with a round stroke is essentially a sphere_sweep with linear_spline.

Not if it's a 2D primitive, no.

Mike

Post a reply to this message