POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: POV RAY 2D : Re: POV RAY 2D Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV RAY 2D
From: Captain Jack
Date: 10 Nov 2009 13:57:22
Message: <4af9b792$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote in message
> Captain Jack schrieb:
>
>> I wonder if 2D stuff could be added as a post processing effect; that
>> would be shapes and such that would be added onto the image plane. I've
>> got a whole rack of post effects I'd like to see in POV, and that one
>> might have it's uses. If done as a post effect, I'm sure it would be
>> faster to animate then using the camera mapping macros.
>
> I guess you know the answer already...
>
> "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not an image post-processor!"
>

> You want automatic postprocessing of your rendered image? add
> Post_Frame_Command="imagemagick ... " to your INI file.
>
> (Not that there's any "imagemagick" command in the ImageMagick package,
> but I guess you get the point...)

Oh yes, and I'm fully aware of the dangers of both "feature creep" and
"feature bloat".

These thoughts just enter my head when I'm doing an animation and I wish it
would run faster. I also spend a lot time while waiting for long renders
shopping for computer upgrades and checking my credit limit. :D