POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:23:54 EDT (-0400)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic
Date: 17 Feb 2003 14:35:06

sent to other POV-Ray news groups.

What do others think about this ?

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Subject: Re: Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic
Date: 17 Feb 2003 14:54:21
Message: <3e513ded$1@news.povray.org>
That is a good idea, but a simpler one would be to just ban anyone who posts
anything with insults or profanity after the third incident.  Off-topic is
indeed a bandwidth hog, but generally does not create any abrasive postings or
hard feelings.
    Personally, I am quite forgiving and choose to just ignore if it gets
heated.  I don't hold any hard feelings because it is sometimes easy to post in
haste and repent at leisure.  I know that I have done this myself (though I
hope, not here!)
    Here's to sharing methods, techniques, and knowledge within the spirit of
cooperation.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip