POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic : Re: Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion for postings to povray.off-topic
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Feb 2003 16:54:03
Message: <MPG.18bc561f42fd2e77989748@news.povray.org>
In article <3e51b33d@news.povray.org>, bde### [at] cflrrcom says...

> "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom> wrote
>
>     So this is about keeping Bill from saying things you don't like. OK, I
> get that.
>

> ---

No.. If I had to characterize styles of posting I would say that many of
those that continually post over and over without getting anywhere, and
this often includes you, act a bit like a bunch of spiders. You spin a
very poorly designed web of opinion, then sit back and hope some poor
fool slams into it. Only when it turns out to be another spider and the
web breaks you both start making it an even bigger mess and doing so even
more poorly. My own style is that of predator, watch and wait until the
opportunity arises to pounce. Occasionally that fails and I end up having
to sit them down and nail their foot to the floor so they pay attention
to what I actually said, instead of what they decided to believe I meant.
All in all, about 9 in 10 posts are useless drivel containing no
particular substance. It is this that has garnered complaint and you are
by no means a small contributor, in that you don't know when to withdraw
and wait for a better opportunity to make a point.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else