POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Jaap Frank
Subject: Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?)
Date: 10 Jan 2003 18:58:49
Message: <3e1f5e39$1@news.povray.org>
news:3e1f4339$1@news.povray.org...
> In article <web.3e1f3e34b49a0ea9b417814a0@news.povray.org> , "Tor Olav
> Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Do you want me to post a bug report to
> > povray.bugreports ?
>
> Nope, because that would let people find out about those functions in the
> first place. No need to worry anybody ;-)  You seem to be only the second
> person to even try them in almost half a year!
>
>     Thorsten

I use them in a very complex combination in the quantum wave functions
of hydrogen. Before the Sum() and Prod() functions came available I had
worked out several combinations by hand. They didn't match when I replaced
them with Sum() and Prod() and I thought that I had done something wrong.
I've checked it over and over, but couldn't find anything wrong.
Checking the formula with Scientific Notebook told me that what I did was
right.
That's why I'm reacting about keeping it low profile.
This has cost me several weeks to implement and debug.
There may be more people using those functions then you think, but are too
timid to react or ask about it.
I shouldn't have said anything was it not for the post of  Tor Olav.
It got my eye because of my own problems.
I think it's better to make it public!

Regards

Jaap Frank

Post a reply to this message