POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) : Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?)
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 12 Jan 2003 00:13:42
Message: <3e20f986$1@news.povray.org>
"Jellby" <jel### [at] M-yahoocom> wrote in message

> >> Could you share those functions here?
> >> I was working in that and I'd like to see how you approached it.

[..]

> Hmm... I think there's some misunderstanding, what I'd like to see is how
> you did write the hydrogen wave functions in POV language (as macros or
> functions), and simple ascii text would the best format for that ;)

I've posted the scene-files in p.b.s-f  together with a example under
Quantum Waves in Media..

I thought you were revering to the wave function itself.
You can find this at the top of the file, so you can see what
wave function I use.
The first part is the translation of this 'nice' function into
POV-language. In version 4_1 you can trace that I originally used
the sum() and prod() but because this was not working I've changed
that to self made functions.
The complicated part is the translation of the partial derivatives into
sum() and prod(). If you want clarification about that, then ask me.
In the macro Binom() I've kept sum(), because here it is correct.

Greetings,

Jaap Frank