POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) : Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?)
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 12 Jan 2003 18:50:03
Message: <3e21ff2b$1@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> There seems to be some cut-n-paste errors
> in your Sigma_n_l() function. CS_5 and
> CS_6 are repeated several times in place
> of CS_7 -> CS_10.

Oops, shame on me. That I never saw that stupid error!!!
Thanks!! You found the bug that's was bothering me. This
explains the sudden increase in size. I've test it with the
correct values. See my post in p.b.s-f.

> And yes, I think that further optimi-
> zations can be done. But I'll wait until
> I can verify that the render speed
> really increases before I post the
> suggestions.

I highly appreciate that.

> >BTW, isn't it a pity that sum() and prod() aren't
> >working. I think I could extend the functions for
> >all possible values of the quantum numbers then.
> >I would like to see a wave with n = 25!
>
> Yes, it's a pity, I think that they
> could be really useful in several cases.
>
> For me I think it would simplify some
> macros for parametric surfaces and maybe
> speed up some isosurface renderings.
>

> Tor Olav

Let's hope that there comes an official update soon
and that this problem can be fixed easily.

Regards,

Jaap Frank