POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) : Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?)
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 12 Jan 2003 08:53:31
Message: <3e21735b$1@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Jaap Frank wrote:
> >In the macro Binom() I've kept sum(), because here it is correct.

Must be prod() of course.

> I like this ! Thank you for sharing Jaap.

Your welcom.
I've made it to demonstrate these wave functions
to my pupils, but if others can use it that's fine.

> Btw: Are you aware of the built-in f_r()
> function in functions.inc ?
>
> You could replace your sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)
> expressions with f_r(x, y, z)
>
> I have also found that f_th() and f_ph()
> are two other useful functions from this
> include file.
>
> Maybe you could use f_th(y, 0, z) and
> f_th(z, 0, y) instead of your
> CosInverse() and SinInverse() functions
> (?)
>

> Tor Olav

Thank you for the tip. I've scanned through
these functions once, but it didn't occur to me
that you can use it in that way.
If f_th() gives the correct negative angles AND
they are faster , then I certainly will use them.
I'm thinking about animations, but my computer
isn't so fast and it would take days rendering. So
the faster the better. If you see more
optimalisations then please let me know.
Thanks again!

BTW, isn't it a pity that sum() and prod() aren't
working. I think I could extend the functions for
all possible values of the quantum numbers then.
I would like to see a wave with n = 25!

Jaap Frank