POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media - air Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Media - air (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Lewis
Subject: Media - air
Date: 3 Apr 2000 11:02:27
Message: <38E8B1EB.C23FD016@netvision.net.il>
Hi,
For years and years I haven't been able to come up with (not that I
tried very hard) a decent media for a scene that resembles air, meaning,
media in the scene that fills all the hollow objects (a general media
declaration, not in an interior of an object) which makes a nice
"atmosphere" (not related to pov 3.0 atmosphere, i mean the real kind)
and cool shadows. I didn't even get something remotely close. Every time
i try i get either a completely black screen or a completely white one.

Help!

Post a reply to this message

> For years and years I haven't been able to come up with (not that I
> tried very hard) a decent media for a scene that resembles air, meaning,
> media in the scene that fills all the hollow objects (a general media
> declaration, not in an interior of an object) which makes a nice
> "atmosphere" (not related to pov 3.0 atmosphere, i mean the real kind)
> and cool shadows. I didn't even get something remotely close. Every time
> i try i get either a completely black screen or a completely white one.

Try increasing the samples a little if you get "static". If you just get
a smooth color, try decreasing the density of the media. To do that,
just give it a darker color, I usually use a multiplier value for this:

emission color Yellow*0.1
or
absorption color rgb <0.004044, 0.714855, 0.004044>*0.05
or
scattering {1, rgb Green*0.5 extinction 1}

Also try lowering the extinction value in scattering media.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/

Post a reply to this message

Thanks, but I need an example for the whole settings. I haven't a clue.

http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media2.html