POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media - air : Re: Media - air Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media - air
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Apr 2000 11:42:39
Message: <chrishuff_99-579561.10450403042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38E8B1EB.C23FD016@netvision.net.il>, Lewis
<nle### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote:

> Hi,
> For years and years I haven't been able to come up with (not that I
> tried very hard) a decent media for a scene that resembles air, meaning,
> media in the scene that fills all the hollow objects (a general media
> declaration, not in an interior of an object) which makes a nice
> "atmosphere" (not related to pov 3.0 atmosphere, i mean the real kind)
> and cool shadows. I didn't even get something remotely close. Every time
> i try i get either a completely black screen or a completely white one.

Try increasing the samples a little if you get "static". If you just get
a smooth color, try decreasing the density of the media. To do that,
just give it a darker color, I usually use a multiplier value for this:

emission color Yellow*0.1
or
absorption color rgb <0.004044, 0.714855, 0.004044>*0.05
or
scattering {1, rgb Green*0.5 extinction 1}

Also try lowering the extinction value in scattering media.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/