POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What makes POV POV? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  What makes POV POV? (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Re: What makes POV POV?
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:32:28
Message: <3A130F1D.8F46849C@skynet.be>
Warp wrote:

> Tony[B] <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:
> : But both could do with some improvement.
>
>   How can you improve perfection?

"They" did it often...

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Nov 2000 18:02:36
Message: <chrishuff-95EB69.18025015112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a12904e$1@news.povray.org>, "Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba"
<abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> I think open sources are not part of the renderer
> if there is anything to do in 3d raytracing which is not supported
> in any 3d raytracer which one raytracer can be extended first
> with best distribution between users ?
> power of variations ?

I would include the source code as part of the renderer, since you can
use the source code to extend the renderer. I might be a bit biased here
though, since I am a patch writer...but I probably wouldn't be using POV
if I couldn't get the source code.
BTW, POV-Ray is not "Open Source". It is copyrighted freeware with
source code available, but there are restrictions on what you are
allowed to do with it. I understand what you mean though...the source is
available for modification and extension.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message