POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What makes POV POV? : Why do you use POV? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Why do you use POV?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Nov 2000 06:42:47
Message: <chrishuff-FD0735.06430317112000@news.povray.org>
Perhaps I should have phrased the question as "Why do you use
POV"...I've changed the subject line to reflect that.
The results so far, not counting my own vote:

1: The language is the only thing that matters.
    0

2: The language is most important, but rendering engine is important too.
    0

3: Both are equally important, POV is the combination of the two.
    4

4: Renderer is most important, but the language is important too.
    1

5: Renderer the only thing that matters.
    0

Other:
Ken: "that it serves the needs of those who use it."(But why do *you*
use it Ken? :-) )

Alessandro Coppo: "enormous support by users"

Robert J Becraft: The available support, and "It's FREE!"

Two votes were not included because of ambiguity:
Tom Melly(who apparently voted for 1, 3, and 5) and Greg M. Johnson(1
and 2...or was it 1 or 2...or 1 and definitely not 2...).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><