POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Pov 3.6 expiration again... (Message 21 to 30 of 42)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
Date: 1 Apr 2004 06:53:56
Message: <406c02d4@news.povray.org>
Fernando G. del Cueto <fcu### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I might have missed something, but if I may express my personal opinion, I
> think Rafal didn't deserve that kind of answer.

  Perhaps not, but this is not the first time he complains about the beta
version expiration and people explaining to him in simple terms why it
works like that.

  He seems to think that there's an official POV-Ray 3.6 release which he
should be able to use in any way he wants.
  However, this isn't true. There's no official POV-Ray 3.6 release.
There's a public beta version which is published so that people can
participate in testing and debugging it. If you want to test the beta
version, then you should accept certain limitations in its use. If you
don't like these limitations, then don't beta-test it but wait for the
official release. It's that simple.
  The official POV-Ray 3.6 will be released in the future.