POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... : Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 1 Apr 2004 07:06:06
Message: <406c05ae$1@news.povray.org>
LightBeam wrote:
> I think that if you make the beta(s) "expire-able" be sure that the
> expiration date is longer enough to avoid this kind of stupid problem... so,
> if the delay is over, nobody can de-bug it !

First of all, I'd guess that the original plan was to make a new beta
available when the previous expires. Now something has delayed it and
that's it - not a big deal. There would be no point in making a second
beta 2 with longer expiration period. I'm not even sure anyone has the
beta 2 sources anymore :) Second, I think the nothing permits limited
time beta testing periods. If they decided that they want the beta
testing of beta 2 to end before the next beta version, so be it. Maybe
pov-team doesn't want new bug reports before making beta 3 available.
There are probably many more valid reasons for that.

> I know, I'm stupid too, but I'm just a pov-user not a
> "Me-the-God-genious-pov-teamer" sorry...

Would you like to be a
"You-the-God-genious-pov-user-understanding-beta-testing-restrictions"?
It actually is not that difficult :)

Severi "Pov-God" Salminen