POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  A question. (Message 30 to 39 of 49)
From: Jamie Davison
Subject: Re: A question.
Date: 19 Sep 2001 14:24:17
Message: <MPG.1612f3ffa9f0396a989a1b@news.povray.org>
> The programming and math features expand povray's capabilites
> beyond normal rendering application. I believe most high end
> packages have some kind of scripting language so it's nothing
> new.
>
> You can safely ignore there features and do vanilla scenes in
> your favorite modeller.

Oh, I will.  I'll just stick to using whatever features Moray supports.

To be honest I was beginning to feel part of a seriously small minority
of non programmers on these groups...

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jamie Davison
Date: 19 Sep 2001 14:27:26
Message: <MPG.1612f4bc5ad6ca11989a1c@news.povray.org>
> > For what it's worth, I think that a lot of users had second thoughts
> > when they see that there's no integrated modeller and everything is done
> > with code, but stuck with it anyway.
>
>     I think the first time I saw POV-Ray was well before I was willing to
> use it. I was looking for images of porpoises, and got something that was
> only to be used with a ting that made 3d images using script. It could have
> been POV-Ray, but when I saw the code, I put it away. It just looked too
> complicated for what I wanted.

First time I saw POV, I think I spent a long time reading the manual,
gave up any thoughts of writing source code raw, had a look around the
place I found POV and managed to find the old DOS version of Moray (I
forget which version)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message