POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Harold Baize
Date: 19 Sep 2001 14:36:25
Message: <3ba8e5a9$1@news.povray.org>

> Yep, looks like I'm becoming a crusty old relic <grin>  More due to my
> lack of programming skills or inclination than due to age.

You're probably younger and more skilled than I ;-).

> The main reason I like POV is primitive based modelling.  I don't like
> working with polygon meshes for all that they give you that little bit
> more flexibility.

Yes, the basic primitives are wonderful. It is actually quite difficult
to make a good sphere in some packages, like Animation Master.

> Why not just download Fractint?  Surely it'd be quicker. ;)

Well, I'm talking about 3D Julia fractals and the reason for
the program is to randomly explore the organic looking 3D
shapes. When I see one I like I can just save it for later. Maybe
eventually I'll gain an intuitive sense of what parameters will
produce what sort of shape and I'll be able to just write
the combination of five parameters to give the shape I want.

Harold