POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 19 Sep 2001 16:49:58
Message: <MPG.16131623f133f6fe989a1d@news.povray.org>
> > Yep, looks like I'm becoming a crusty old relic <grin>  More due to my
> > lack of programming skills or inclination than due to age.
>
> You're probably younger and more skilled than I ;-).

27 with no programming skills to speak of beyond a 'Hello World' level of
Basic pogramming...

And if you write your pov files by hand then you're more likely more
skilled in POV code than me since I use Moray.

> > The main reason I like POV is primitive based modelling.  I don't like
> > working with polygon meshes for all that they give you that little bit
> > more flexibility.
>
> Yes, the basic primitives are wonderful. It is actually quite difficult
> to make a good sphere in some packages, like Animation Master.

I can't afford AM, so I don't know how friendly it is. I'd like to be
able to afford it, but Real Life (TM) seems to be rather good at grabbing
my money before I can spend it on such things.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.