POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscapes wanted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Landscapes wanted (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Rune
Subject: Landscapes wanted
Date: 14 Mar 2002 08:50:15
Message: <3c90aa97@news.povray.org>
I'm working on an animation with a portal, and I need two landscapes, one
for either side. I myself am more of a scripter and animator than a modeler
and lanscape artist, so I thought it could be interesting to collaborate
with someone else who are capable of making nice landscapes, instead of
spending a lot of time trying myself, with bad results.

I want two landscapes with high contrast between them - I've been thinking a
desert landscape and an ice landscape could be nice. Some realism is nice,
but photorealism is certainly not required, as the animation will feature my
toon character Al the Alien... The camera will be in about eye height and at
the area near the camera the ground must be rather flat so there's room for
the portal equipment.

This will just be yet another animation, so there's no money nor any fame
involved, though of course proper credits will be given. :)

Anyone interested?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)

Perhaps you can borrow some ideas from IRTC images/sources

http://www.irtc.org/stills/2000-12-31/view.html
http://www.irtc.org/stills/1999-08-31/view.html
http://www.irtc.org/stills/

> Anyone interested?

not me :-(

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> I'm working on an animation with a portal, and I need two landscapes, one
> for either side. I myself am more of a scripter and animator than a modeler
> and lanscape artist, so I thought it could be interesting to collaborate
> with someone else who are capable of making nice landscapes, instead of
> spending a lot of time trying myself, with bad results.
>
> I want two landscapes with high contrast between them - I've been thinking a
> desert landscape and an ice landscape could be nice. Some realism is nice,
> but photorealism is certainly not required, as the animation will feature my
> toon character Al the Alien... The camera will be in about eye height and at
> the area near the camera the ground must be rather flat so there's room for
> the portal equipment.
>
> This will just be yet another animation, so there's no money nor any fame
> involved, though of course proper credits will be given. :)
>
> Anyone interested?

My ability to create fast rendering landscapes is fairly limited ;-) so
i'm not sure if i could be of much help here.  But maybe if you are
confident enough your new computer can handle animating a nice isosurface
terrain...

RMF mountains with slope snow texture are relatively fast so you might
consider something like:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/pict/snowman.jpg

Christoph

--