POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscapes wanted : Re: Landscapes wanted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscapes wanted
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Mar 2002 09:12:12
Message: <3C90AFB7.4A3D753@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> I'm working on an animation with a portal, and I need two landscapes, one
> for either side. I myself am more of a scripter and animator than a modeler
> and lanscape artist, so I thought it could be interesting to collaborate
> with someone else who are capable of making nice landscapes, instead of
> spending a lot of time trying myself, with bad results.
>
> I want two landscapes with high contrast between them - I've been thinking a
> desert landscape and an ice landscape could be nice. Some realism is nice,
> but photorealism is certainly not required, as the animation will feature my
> toon character Al the Alien... The camera will be in about eye height and at
> the area near the camera the ground must be rather flat so there's room for
> the portal equipment.
>
> This will just be yet another animation, so there's no money nor any fame
> involved, though of course proper credits will be given. :)
>
> Anyone interested?

My ability to create fast rendering landscapes is fairly limited ;-) so
i'm not sure if i could be of much help here.  But maybe if you are
confident enough your new computer can handle animating a nice isosurface
terrain...

RMF mountains with slope snow texture are relatively fast so you might
consider something like:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/pict/snowman.jpg

Christoph

--