POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Landscapes wanted : Re: Landscapes wanted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscapes wanted
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Mar 2002 10:51:14
Message: <3C90C716.6B505B6F@gmx.de>
Well, I could crunch on some height-fields, but
IMHO you can make heightfields as well as you
do some other stuff.

If you've already taken a look at my IRTC-Entry,
you'll probably notice the heightfield. It's modelled
using pigments as functions with POV 3.5 Beta,
and in that manner, I think you could create useful
heightfields yourself. You seem to have some good
understanding on pigments and patterns, or at least
you give that impression on your homepage...

Just a hint on how you could do it, right now, I have
no time to help you on that. Too busy sorting my
Particle-System, and spending time on work to earn
me some money to spend...

Good luck though!

(And damn, I would have liked a collaboration with
THE Rune!)

--
Tim Nikias