POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Christian
Subject: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines...
Date: 4 Sep 2002 14:40:10
Message: <web.3d765294cfbaedc1483985df0@news.povray.org>
Hi. Christian here.

I've got this  idea:

(Well, it's quite complex (for me), so I'll simplify in a few lines)

How about to attach a comlex blob structure (a creature or someting) with an
spline "squeleton", to achieve organical motion?

I was thinking about develping a SW to model with blobs but not placing them
manually over the space, but trough splines.

(Lots of ideas - sorry, didn't take my RTF file with all of them to this
public cabine)

Basically, good control over the creation of automated structures of blobs
(via gradient controls that would control varius aspects of the blob
creation), good managment of the movement of subyacent splines (around the
control points) and over the evaluated surface of a main blob... well, lot
of crazy things I've been dreaming of. If some of you are interested about
this... HELP ME!!!

It'd be great, you know, to create all kinds of complex creatures, to
texture them (as blobs kindly blend between materials) and... well, to get
rid of the idea that only with meshes someone could have organic movements
of characters.

Post a reply to this message