POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... : Re: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines...
From: Rune
Date: 4 Sep 2002 16:59:45
Message: <3d767441$1@news.povray.org>
It would be a difficult project, but indeed possible. However, I don't
think it would be worth the trouble for one reason: Blobs can't be
UV-mapped.

Even though the textures of blob components are smoothly blended
together, the textures will still look ugly when the figure is animated,
because the textures don't follow the skin properly. Well, it might be
possible to make it look ok in a few cases, especially if the textures
are rather plain. But in general I don't think it's a very good idea...
:/

I still think that only with meshes you can have organic movement of
(textured) characters.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)