POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal escape sequence in string? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Illegal escape sequence in string? (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Illegal escape sequence in string?
Date: 3 Dec 2017 20:57:10
Message: <5a24ab76$1@news.povray.org>
What in this code causes the parse error
"Illegal escape sequence in string"?
----------------------

#declare MyGrassTexture = texture
{
 pigment { color rgb < 0.35, 0.65, 0.0 >*0.9 }
 normal { bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
 finish { phong 0.1 }
}

#declare MySandTexture = texture
{
 pigment { color rgb < 0.5098039,  0.3137255,  0.2156863 > }
 normal { granite 0.1 scale 10.0 }
}

height_field
{
 png "C:\Users\Sven Littkowski\Downloads\Images\POV-Ray Textures\SL -
Cloud Cities - Habitat - Heightfield.png" // the string is in one line
 smooth
 pigment { White }
 translate < -0.5, -0.5, -0.5 >
 scale < 38.0, 1.75, 38.0 >