POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal escape sequence in string? : Re: Illegal escape sequence in string? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:31:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal escape sequence in string?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 4 Dec 2017 00:18:09
Message: <5a24da91$1@news.povray.org>
On 03.12.2017 21:24, Bald Eagle wrote:
> use forward slashes for filenames.
> I'd also strongly advise using more parser-friendly filenames - the dashe
s and
> spaces seem a bit iffy to me.

Yes, your suggestion that slashes must be forward did actually solve my
little problem. Isn't it strange - I use POV-Ray since around 1989 or
1992, but nevertimes really much, and so I have still today all these
little problems and misunderstandings. After 28 years...

FILE NAMES
They all actually follow certain rules that I use all over my computers.
I make a difference between "connected-word" and "different - items".
But that wasn't the problem, fortunately. :-)

Big thanks!

PS: I am posting another problem in a new thread: how to create a
cylinder where one of the two round sides has the shape of a height_field.

---
http://www.avg.com