POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal escape sequence in string? : Re: Illegal escape sequence in string? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:57:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal escape sequence in string?
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Dec 2017 05:05:01
Message: <web.5a251d42d189385889df8d30@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 12/03/2017 09:24 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
>
> > I'd also strongly advise using more parser-friendly filenames - the dashes and
> > spaces seem a bit iffy to me.
> >
> > #usingContiguousCamelCaseFilenamesIsPreferable
> >
> Spaces in file names are evil.

Hmm, wasn't it Albert Einstein in 1905 who thought up the idea of using 'bottom
slashes' instead of spaces?? ;-P  (Sorry, I don't know what they are called)...

using_Contiguous_Camel_Case_Filenames_Is_Preferable

I still do that-- uh, from time to time...

Now, if I only knew what 'Camel Case filename' means... :-?

> A filename is a single word.
>
> I would think especially a native German speaker would gravitate more
> towards Bezirksschornsteinfegermeister than "district chimney sweep
> master". ;)

Yes, German does seem to be more compact (???)