POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal escape sequence in string? : Re: Illegal escape sequence in string? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:37:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal escape sequence in string?
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Dec 2017 03:30:01
Message: <web.5a250736d189385889df8d30@news.povray.org>
> use forward slashes for filenames.
>
> png "C:/Users/Sven Littkowski/Downloads/Images/POV-Ray Textures/SL - Cloud
> Cities - Habitat - Heightfield.png" // the string is in one line

But it's interesing that Windows itself uses back slashes for file locations.

Point taken, though.

I'm guilty of still using back slashes in my pov.ini file, and in quickres.ini.
I guess I should change that. But if I change the following to forward
slashes...

Output_File_Name="C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Kens POV-Ray rendered IMAGES\"

.... will Windows itself still recognize that as a valid location? I've never
tried it (due to the 'fear factor', ha.)