POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rent a server? Server Time
1 May 2024 01:52:16 EDT (-0400)
  Rent a server? (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Rent a server?
Date: 15 Jan 2016 22:36:41
Message: <5699bac9$1@news.povray.org>
About how much would it cost to rent a server or cluster just for
POV-Ray? Is the rate usually an hourly one? Does anyone have experience
in this? Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Rent a server?
Date: 17 Jan 2016 14:46:22
Message: <569bef8e@news.povray.org>
On 1/15/2016 10:36 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> About how much would it cost to rent a server or cluster just for
> POV-Ray? Is the rate usually an hourly one? Does anyone have experience
> in this? Thanks.
>

> Mike

There are two services listed here:

http://rentrender.com/pov-ray-render-farms/

The first one is in German, so I don't know what the rates are. The
second one is kind of expensive at 25 cents per GHz/h. Google also lists
this:

https://us.rebusfarm.net/en/company/render-farm-specs

This one is more affordable at 3.2 cents per GHz/hr, but does not list
POV-Ray support.

Mike

Post a reply to this message