POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rent a server? : Re: Rent a server? Server Time
21 May 2024 10:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rent a server?
From: clipka
Date: 18 Jan 2016 00:34:06
Message: <569c794e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.01.2016 um 05:25 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> I have a scene that simply takes too long to render. (15+ hours even
> without reflections or media.) I want to use my computer for other stuff
> while it renders.

You /can/ run POV-Ray in ways to not eat up all your CPU time; of course
it will then take even longer, but you should be able to do other stuff
besides.

You'll want to use the "+WTn" command-line option, where n is the number
of CPU cores you are willing to dedicate to POV-Ray.

Alternatively you can use the task manager to reduce the process
priority of POV-Ray.