POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looks_like Server Time
30 Apr 2024 17:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  looks_like (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: looks_like
Date: 14 Jan 2016 02:47:07
Message: <5697527b@news.povray.org>
I have the following code:

#local lamp_sphere = sphere
{
	0, 1
	scale lamp_radius
	hollow
}
light_source
{
	0, lamp_color
	looks_like {lamp_sphere}
	translate spiral_coo
}

Unfortunately the sphere is blocking the light source when it should let
the light shine through. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: looks_like
Date: 14 Jan 2016 05:51:21
Message: <56977da9$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/14/2016 2:47 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I have the following code:
>
> #local lamp_sphere = sphere
> {
>      0, 1
>      scale lamp_radius
>      hollow
> }
> light_source
> {
>      0, lamp_color
>      looks_like {lamp_sphere}
>      translate spiral_coo
> }
>
> Unfortunately the sphere is blocking the light source when it should let
> the light shine through. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
>

> Mike

Never mind. I had wrapped everything in a merge when I should have
instead wrapped everything in a union.

Mike

Post a reply to this message