POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looks_like : Re: looks_like Server Time
21 May 2024 16:40:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looks_like
From: clipka
Date: 14 Jan 2016 18:06:10
Message: <569829e2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.01.2016 um 22:59 schrieb Mike Horvath:

>>> Is that not for "projected_through"?
>>> Which might be a solution.
>>
>> "There is an implied no_shadow attached to the looks_like object so that
>> light is not blocked by the object."
>>
>> The projected_through object has an implied no_whatsoever: It is never
>> inserted into the scene as a regular object, and only contributes as
>> part of a special feature -- similar to object specified in bounded_by,
>> object patterns, and other odds & ends.
>
> Is it possible to have multiple lights look_like the same object?

No, but it should be perfectly possible to either...

(a) attach the object to just one of the lights, or

(b) specify the object separately from the light sources (or bundle the
object and the corresponding light sources together in a union, making
them easier to manage as a group, e.g. rotate them, hide them in test
renders, or whatever), and explicitly specify "no_shadow" on the object.