POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces Server Time
26 May 2024 12:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Saman
Subject: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces
Date: 21 Nov 2014 04:40:05
Message: <web.546f077ea1efff3d4a99f14a0@news.povray.org>
Dear friends,

I'm beginner in POV-Ray and I have a little problem with rendering my scene.
I have just one object in my scene, which is a 3D block.
The block is made by several 3D adjacent boxes and each box is made by 8
vertices and six faces (or 12 triangles, 2 per face).

The whole block is a "Mesh2" type object (just one), in which I have defined a
vertex vectors for all the vertices and the face_indices for the triangles.

            mesh2 {
                  vertex_vectors {
                                  80,
                                  <0,0,0>, <0.5,0,0>, <0.5,0.5,0>
                                 }
                  face_indices {
                                120,
                                <0,1,2>
                               }

In short, I have a 3D block made by several triangles.

For rendering, I have also applied a transparent color to my object, as I wish
to be able to see the depth of my bock (like an glass block).

The problem is that the whole block do not appear as "one" object as I wish and
we  see unfortunately all the inner faces in the block and I don't have the
glass-like effect.

I have also tried to do a "Merge", but it didn't work. I think it's because I
have defined just one object ( a "Mesh2" one).

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you all in advance

P.S. I have POV-Ray version 3.6.

Post a reply to this message