POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces : Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces Server Time
17 Jun 2024 10:59:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Nov 2014 07:58:18
Message: <5475ce6a$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-11-2014 13:38, Saman wrote:
> Thanks for the answers, here is the link of my scene:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/au2t9g5l7btmhqu/Block3D.png?dl=0
>
> As you can see, some faces are shared between two cubes.
> The whole block is defined by one "mesh2" object, in which I have defined
> several triangles to make a cube. The whole block is made of these cubes.
> The problem is, that I have a transparent block and I would like these inner
> faces do not appear. I have also tried to apply the "merge" function to my whole
> block but it didn't work.
>
> I'm looking forward to read you.

The image is a bit small to see clearly with my old eyes. :-) Please
make a 640x640 pixel image (for instance) and post it at p.b.i.

First, can you tell us how you obtained the mesh2 object? Did you write
the triangles yourself or did you make an object first using an external
modeller? This info might be important to find a solution.

Note that mesh2 has been specifically designed for conversion from other
formats, not for direct building.

Second, have you tried to load your mesh2 file into Poseray? That might
help to see how the triangles behave and if all common vertexes for
instance are merged.

Thomas