POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces : Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces Server Time
17 Jun 2024 10:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Nov 2014 08:43:14
Message: <546f4172$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/11/2014 09:35, Saman wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I'm beginner in POV-Ray and I have a little problem with rendering my scene.
> I have just one object in my scene, which is a 3D block.
> The block is made by several 3D adjacent boxes and each box is made by 8
> vertices and six faces (or 12 triangles, 2 per face).

[Snip]

> The problem is that the whole block do not appear as "one" object as I wish and
> we  see unfortunately all the inner faces in the block and I don't have the
> glass-like effect.
>
> I have also tried to do a "Merge", but it didn't work. I think it's because I
> have defined just one object ( a "Mesh2" one).
>
> Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Hi Saman and welcome.

My reading of the first two sentences is that you have lots of blocks in
the shape of a block. So what you are seeing is correct.
I always try to visualise what it would look like in reality.
You would need to build your big block with squares if what I think you
want is right.
But as Thomas said post an image.

--

Regards