POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MELT Server Time
7 May 2024 14:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  MELT (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: MELT
Date: 21 Dec 2015 10:24:45
Message: <567819bd@news.povray.org>
I would wonder, if a new feature (let's call it "melt" or "fusion")
could fusion any shapes or shape results (difference, intersection,
union, etc.) with each other at the connection areas WITHOUT shrinking
them or changing their own dimensions in any other way (as the blob
function seems to do).

melt/fusion
{
 shape1
 shape2 { ... strength STRENGTH }
 shape3 { ... strength STRENGTH }
}

where the value of STRENGTH can range from 0.0 (no melting) to x (smooth
melting over x amount of units of the first and this shape). Supported
as shapes are box, sphere, cylinder, superellipsoid, cone, object,
difference, union, intersection, etc.. Like with the blob, a negative
value is also possible and would melt all following shapes into the
first shape (holes with blurry shapes of the other shapes into the first
shape). Most important: in opposition to the Blob, using Melt would NOT
influence the original size of the shapes. That Melt function would be a
helpful addition. But what are other POV-Ray users thinking about such a
Melt function? Please let's start a discussion, I need feedback from you
all before proposing it if the feedback is positive.

Post a reply to this message