POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MELT : Re: MELT Server Time
19 May 2024 12:09:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MELT
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 21 Dec 2015 12:24:35
Message: <567835d3@news.povray.org>
Hi,

my naive idea for a basic melting was or is, to do this "melting" or
"fusioning" simply by a number of curved bodies. Such a curve body looks
similar to a spline or a quarter of a hollow cylinder. One beside each
other would be added (in my image with a STRENGTH value of 2.0 units).
The curves are at a 90° angle to the body's surface at that point, but
at corners there would be added more of these curve bodies in different
angles until they reach the angle of the next side of the body that is
fusioned into the first body (example; a box - each side has a 90° angle
from the other sides, at the corners, more curve bodies are added in
different angles until the curve body's angle equals then with the angle
of the next side of the box). And finally, all these shapes would be
somehow merged together, to create one body. Each curve body takes at
one end the texture of the body below, and on the other end the texture
of that other body, and has something like a texture_map to merge both
textures, like the Blob.

In some cases, the shape of the curve body could also look like an "S",
if one body is melted close to the side of another body. If you don't
understand what I mean, I can create another graphic about that
particular case.

The problem is, that I am not a programmer for such things. I do
programming, but with Delphi, and very different applications. That is,
why I have only very naive ideas about how to do this melting or
fusioning. I hope, that my idea above could lead to a simplified melting.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'untitled-2.jpg' (152 KB)

Preview of image 'untitled-2.jpg'